Saturday, December 10, 2011

The Idea!

Picture came from http://www.roguegunner.com
While on the plane to Japan I was thinking, what should I do for a New Year's Resolution? Well I don't know, I never do these! However one thought came through my mind over and over again... Something for our Veterans! But, what?!?
"Well I am alright at running, how about that?!"

So I decided that I would run 1 mile for each Veteran that has given their lives for our sake in the United States, as well as for the world. As of today (11-Dec-2011 in Tokyo, Japan) there have been 6,335 Fallen Veteran since we entered the war and conflicts in 2003. I hope that this number does not increase, not for the sake of running more miles, but because I do not wish to hear about anymore deaths within from our Armed Forces.

I would like to thank all of the Veterans who have served, are serving, and gave everything for the United States. I am proud to be running for all of you, and continue your great service!

--Jesse Neil Holford

No comments:

Post a Comment